A man was arrested at O’Hare airport after living there for 3 months because he was afraid to fly due to COVID-19

A man was arrested at Chicago’s O’Hare Airport for trespassing after he was said to have lived at the airport for three months.

Aditya Singh was charged with the felony trespass after being found in a restricted area of ​​the airport, according to the Cook County Prosecutor’s Office, CBS Chicago Reports. Singh was also charged with stealing less than $ 500. He appeared in court on Sunday and was issued a bond worth $ 10,000. If sponsorship is published, it will be monitored electronically.

Kathleen Hagerty, assistant state prosecutor in court, said Singh had told police he was afraid to fly due to the coronavirus pandemic. Associated Press reports. When he was discovered at the airport, employees called the police.

according to Chicago TribuneHagerty said Singh told authorities that he had found an employee ID card and that other passengers at the airport had given him food.

Aditya Singh's booking photo
Aditya Singh

Cook County Mayor’s Office via AP

So, if I understand you correctly, you are telling me that an unauthorized, unemployed individual was living in a secure part of the O’Hare airport terminal from October 19, 2020 to January 16, 2021, and Cook County Judge Susanna Ortiz said during the hearing: “I want to understand you properly. True”.

Assistant Attorney General Courtney Smallwood said in court it was unclear why Singh, who is from Orange, California, came to Chicago in the first place. She said Singh has no criminal background.

“The court considers that these facts and circumstances are very shocking for the period in which they alleged occurred,” Ortiz said. “Being in a safe part of the airport under a fake ID, it is claimed that based on the need for the airports to be completely safe so that people feel safe to travel, I find that these so-called measures make it a danger to society.

The Chicago Aviation Department said in a statement that the incident is under investigation, but indicated that “we were able to determine that this respectable man did not pose a security threat to the airport or travelers.”

CBS News has contacted the Cook County District Attorney’s office for more information and is awaiting a response.

READ  1 ano Corona: muito trabalho para VKI - Economia -

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

      Leave a reply

      Rede Piauí